Looking to become a licensed teacher in Arkansas? You’ll need to meet the basic education requirements — including completing an approved bachelor’s degree program and approved teacher preparation program. Additionally, you will be required to pass three types of Praxis®️ exams (you may actually need to take more than three exams depending on the subject, grade level and specialties). This article will outline the specific Praxis®️ tests required to become a teacher in Arkansas.
Each state has its own requirements for which tests teachers must take to be certified. Check with your school to find out what Praxis® test you need. Here is a look at the full list of Praxis® exams offered by state.
There are three types of Praxis® tests taken by prospective Arkansas teachers:
- Praxis® Core Academic Skills for Educators: These tests will assess your reading, writing, and mathematics skills. The Core consists of three separate tests. You can take one, two, or all three, depending on your school and state requirements. Many colleges and university teaching programs require that you take the Core exam before admission.
- Praxis® Pedagogical Assessments: These tests are basic principles of learning required to manage a classroom. Many states use these tests as a part of licensure requirements.
- Tests Required for Specific Licensure areas: Praxis® Subject Assessments: These tests are subject-specific. Many states use these tests as a part of licensure requirements.
Full List of Praxis® Arkansas Tests
The following is the full list of exams required to teach in Arkansas. The specific exams you are required to take depend on many factors. If you are not sure which exams you need to take, please talk to your Educator Preparation Provider (EPP).
We offer guaranteed test preparation for many Praxis Arkansas exams. One subscription gets you full access to every exam included in our catalog. Find test prep for your specific exam in our Praxis catalog.
Praxis® Core Academic Skills for Educators
- Core Academic Skills for Educators: Reading 5713
- Core Academic Skills for Educators: Writing 5723
- Core Academic Skills for Educators: Mathematics 5733
- Core Academic Skills for Educators Combined Test 5752 (if you wish to take all three tests at once)
Praxis® Arkansas Pedagogical Assessments
- Principles of Learning and Teaching: Early Childhood 5621 *
- Principles of Learning and Teaching: Grades K–6 5622 *
- Principles of Learning and Teaching: Grades 5–9 5623 *
- Principles of Learning and Teaching: Grades 7–12 5624 *
- World Languages Pedagogy 5841 *
* Check with your educator preparation provider for the required Qualifying Score.
Praxis® Arkansas Tests Required for Specific Licensure
- Education of Young Children 5024
- Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education 5023
- Elementary Education: Multiple Subjects 5001
- Math Subtest 5003
- Reading and Language Arts Subtest 5002
- Science Subtest 5005
- Social Studies Subtest 5004
- Middle School English Language Arts 5047
- Middle School Mathematics 5164 (required beginning Sept. 1, 2022)
- Middle School Mathematics 5169 (accepted through Aug. 31, 2022)
- Middle School Science 5442
- Middle School Social Studies 5089
- Middle School English Language Arts 5047
- Chemistry: Content Knowledge 5245
- Computer Science 5652
- Theatre 5641
- Earth and Space Sciences: Content Knowledge 5571
- English Language Arts: Content and Analysis 5039
- Geometry 5163
- Mathematics 5165 (required beginning Sept. 1, 2022)
- Mathematics 5161 (accepted through Aug. 31, 2022)
- Biology: Content Knowledge 5235
- Physics: Content Knowledge 5265
- Social Studies: Content and Interpretation 5086
- Journalism 5224
- Speech Communication: Content Knowledge 5221
- Art: Content Knowledge 5134
- Music: Content Knowledge 5113
- Music: Instrumental and General Knowledge 5115
- Music: Vocal and General Knowledge 5116
- Health and Physical Education: Content Knowledge 5857
- ASL Proficiency Interview 0634
- Chinese (Mandarin): World Language 5665
- English to Speakers of Other Languages 5362
- French: World Language 5174
- German: World Language 5183
- Japanese: World Language 5661
- Latin 5601
- Spanish: World Language 5195
- School Leaders Licensure Assessment 6990
- School Superintendent Assessment 6991
- Special Education: Core Knowledge and Applications 5354
- Fundamental Subjects: Content Knowledge 5511
- Gifted Education 5358
- Special Education: Education of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students 5272
- Special Education: Teaching Students with Visual Impairments 5282
- Agriculture 5701
- Business Education: Content Knowledge 5101
- Family and Consumer Sciences 5122
- Technology Education 5051
- Marketing Education 5561
- Physical Education: Content and Design 5095
- Professional School Counselor 5421
- ParaPro Assessment 1755
- Library Media Specialist 5311
- Reading Specialist 5302
- School Psychologist 5402
- Speech-Language Pathology 5331
Is My Arkansas Praxis® Exam Included in 240 Tutoring Study Guide?
You can see all of the Praxis® exams included in our Praxis® Study Guide. Once you know which Praxis® Arkansas tests you need to take, you can start studying. If you want the confidence to pass, subscribe to our Praxis® Study Guide. One subscription gives you full access to our entire Praxis® test catalog.
More Resources for the Praxis® Test
Visit our free Praxis resources page for information about registration, how scores are calculated as well as free Praxis practice test and test breakdowns.