How do you register for an OAE exam?
Registering for an exam can be confusing. Follow these step-by-step instructions to complete the online registration for an OAE exam.
- Visit the registration page of the Ohio Assessments for Educators website and log in or make a new account. You will need to enter personal information if you are making a new account.
- Register for the OAE exam required for your licensure. Make sure you register for the correct exam!
- Pay for the test. You will need to pay for the exam by credit or debit card during the registration process. Visit the Ohio Assessments for Educators website for information on other payment options.
- Schedule a test appointment. After registering and completing the payment, you can schedule a test appointment or log back in later.
How much does it cost to register for an OAE exam?
Most OAE exams cost $105. However, the OAE exam fees for different exams may vary slightly. For example, the Foundations of Reading (090) exam costs $139. If you need to retake an OAE exam, you will need to complete the registration process and pay the test fee each time.
Do you need an ID to take an OAE exam?
You will need to show proper identification to enter the testing center and take the test.
What kind of ID do you need for the OAE test?
You must show a government-issued ID, such as a driver’s license or a passport, to enter the testing center and take the test. Additionally, the ID must be in English and show your photograph, the same name you used to register, and your signature. Copied IDs are not accepted as proper identification. Make sure to recheck the OAE testing requirements before leaving home on test day.
What are some day-of-test tips for an OAE test?
Use the following tips to make your test day more successful and enjoyable:
- Make a test day plan ahead of time. Having a plan set up can reduce test anxiety and keep your mind focused on passing the exam.
- Eat a good breakfast. The OAE can be physically and mentally exhausting. Make sure to fuel your mind and body with a healthy meal before the exam.
- Dress comfortably. The testing center may be cooler or warmer than is comfortable. Dress in layers so that you can adjust.
- Recheck everything. Before leaving home recheck the testing center location, appointment time, and rules. Make sure that you have everything you need.
- Arrive early. It is recommended that you report to the test center at least 15 minutes before the test time.
- Pace yourself. OAE exams can be long, and it is important to make it through all the questions.
- Breathe. Relax. Be positive. Reward yourself with something that makes you happy after you finish.
Do you get a formula sheet on an OAE exam?
Some OAE exams, including Mathematics (027), Chemistry (009), Integrated Science (024), and others provide an on-screen formula sheet. To see if a formula sheet is provided with your OAE exam, go to the Ohio Assessments for Educators website, select your exam from the table, and look at “reference materials provided for this assessment” on the information page. Here you can also review the information provided in the formula sheet before test day.
Do you get a calculator on an OAE exam?
Some exams include an on-screen calculator. You are not allowed to bring your own calculator to the testing center, but you can practice using the provided calculator before your test appointment at oh.nesinc.com. Some OAE exams, including Mathematics (027), Chemistry (009), Integrated Science (024), and others provide an on-screen calculator. To see if a calculator is provided on your exam, go to the Ohio Assessments for Educators website, select your exam from the table, and look at “reference materials provided for this assessment” on the information page.
What happens if you fail an OAE exam?
If you fail an OAE exam, you will receive a “Did Not Pass” status on your score report. Try to determine where you went wrong on the first attempt so that you can study more effectively and improve your score. Some examples of challenges for first-time test takers include gaps in content, timing, and unfamiliarity with the test structure or format.
Can you retake an OAE exam?
Don’t get discouraged if you don’t pass an OAE exam on the first attempt. You can take the test an unlimited number of times, but only once per testing window. You will need to register again and repay the exam fee for each retake.
How long do you have to wait before you can retake an OAE exam?
You must wait a minimum of 30 days before retaking an OAE exam. Use the waiting period to reevaluate your study plan, and make improvements to close any gaps in content knowledge, learn about the test, and practice timing. For more details on the OAE retake policy visit the Ohio Assessments for Educators website.
Are there any other registration details you should know?
Registration is the first step to passing the OAE. Keep the momentum going by making a study plan that includes test information, study guides, and practice problems.