Teach Empowered with the 240Tutoring Scholarship
Teaching is Hard… and Money is Tight
The 240Tutoring scholarship enables young teachers to purchase classroom resources, without placing that burden on the teacher. The first few years of teaching is hard enough, but the financial strain of having to purchase classroom manipulatives and extra posters, as well as laminating those posters, can be overwhelming. Not all schools equip their teachers financially to create a conducive learning environment.
That is why 240Tutoring has begun the 240Tutoring Young Teachers Scholarship.
We want to alleviate the stress and strain of young teachers as much as we can. We know, having been teachers ourselves, that to create the best classroom environment for students, teachers have to go out of pocket to buy classroom resources. That is why we provide $500.00 three times a year to young teachers.
The 240Tutoring Young Teachers Scholarship
What is it?
The 240Tutoring Young Teachers Scholarship is a $500.00 stipend given out three times a year. The stipend is to enable teachers to enhance their classroom and pedagogical skills in the first years of their career.
Who can apply?
To be eligible for the scholarship, a person must be in their first or second year of teaching, or actively enrolled in an accredited institution of higher education and currently working in a student teaching position.
How to apply?
To apply for the scholarship, simply download the form and email it to the specified email address.
When to apply?
Applications can be submitted on an on-going basis. Please see the chart below for submission and announcement dates.
|Submission Dates||Winner Announced|
|Period 1||January 1 – April 30||May 31|
|Period 2||May 1 – August 31||September 30|
|Period 3||September 1 – December 31||January 30|
Young Teachers Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- Below are the Terms and Conditions for the 240Tutoring Young Teachers Scholarship by 240Tutoring, Inc, hereafter to be referred to as “The Scholarship.” Any submission of an application for The Scholarship must be submitted by the individual indicated on the application. Any submission not meeting this criterion will be deemed ineligible. The individual submitting the application is responsible for ensuring the integrity of the information provided; the individual that submits any eligible application will be referred to as the “applicant” throughout the Terms and Conditions; any application submitted will be hereafter referred to as the “Application.” 240Tutoring, Inc is not responsible to or for any application not completed and submitted in entirety nor is 240Tutoring, Inc responsible for any activity resulting from an the submission of an application by an individual not indicated on the respective application.
- Eligibility- To be eligible for the scholarship, a person must be actively enrolled in an accredited institution of higher education and currently working in a student teaching position, or is in their first or second year of teaching. Previous winners are not allowed to re-apply for the scholarship.
- How to Enter- To submit an application, email a completed application, found at (240tutoring.com/scholarship), to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application must be completed in its entirety; all applications which are not completed will be deemed ineligible. Applications must include a essay which addresses the prompt indicate by “Application Essay Prompt,” which is not to exceed 250 words. The essay must be original, authored by the individual indicated on the application, and previously unpublished. Written responses must be written and submitted in English and should hold to standard conventions of the English language, including proper grammar and correct spelling. Any essay containing obscene, vulgar, or otherwise deemed inappropriate content will be discarded and the attached application will be deemed ineligible. Upon submission, the application and attached essay will be deemed the property of 240Tutoring, Inc and can be used by 240Tutoring, Inc for advertising and promotional purposes. Applications submitted during the prescribed periods, outlined in Selection of Potential Winners, will be considered and reviewed by the determined deadline. 240Tutoring, Inc assumes no responsibility for a lost, late, misdirected, or unintelligible submission. An individual that submits and application to 240Tutoring, Inc acknowledges an understanding of the rules outlined in “240Tutoring, Inc Terms and Conditions” and agrees to accept fully and unconditional the terms and conditions outlined therein.
- Selection of Potential Winners- The 240Tutoring application deadlines are divided into three periods: “Period 1” January 1- April 30, “Period 2” May 1- August 31, “Period 3” September 1- December 31. The winner of The Scholarship will be announced thirty days following the last day of eligible submission for the period. A panel of judges, to be determined and subject to change by 240Tutoring, Inc, will assess each eligible application on the following criteria: writing and creativity (25%), originality and correct use of English conventions (25%), established need and use of funds (50%). The potential winner(s) will be contacted via the email address provided on the application ten (10) days prior to the announcement and have five days to respond to 240Tutoring, Inc. After responding, potential winner(s) two days to complete and submit the necessary paperwork upon response 240Tutoring, Inc. 240Tutoring, Inc is not responsible and cannot be held responsible for any contact that is lost, intercepted, or not received by the winner for any reason. 240Tutoring, Inc guarantees the selection of at least one (1) scholarship winner, but reserves the right to choose additional recipients. Portions of the Prize Winning Application(s) may be posted on the 240Tutoring, Inc website, including but not limited to the name, college of attendance, and school of student-teaching placement of the applicant, or any additional promotional material, without further compensation beyond The Scholarship or notice to the winner(s).
- Prizes- The winner(s) of The Scholarship will receive a five hundred dollar and zero cents ($500.00) in the form of a check from 240Tutoring, Inc. The check will be made out to the individual and may be used at their discretion for any purpose that will advance or enhance their teaching ability in the classroom. The check will be written and sent within fourteen (14) days of receipt of proper documentation provided by applicant, which includes but is not limited to: proof of identify, proof of enrollment in an accredited institution of higher education, proof of placement or guarantee of placement in a student-teaching position, proof of employment at a salaried teaching position and any necessary tax forms. 240Tutoring, Inc is not responsible for any injury, losses or damage resulting from use of The Scholarship. Any taxation of the prize money is the sole responsibility of recipient.
- Privacy- By submitting an application, the information submitted on the application may be used for promotional purposes of 240Tutoring, Inc.
- Publicity- Except where prohibited, by accepting The Scholarship, the recipient agrees that 240Tutoring, Inc may use, without further compensation or notice, use the recipeient’s name and likeness is any and all media for the purpose of advertising and promoting the 240Tutoring website, scholarship program, or any other activity of 240Tutoring, Inc.
- Ownership- By submitting an Application, the applicant acknowledges and agrees that: (a) 240Tutoring, Inc will own the Application, including your written response submission, and (b) as between the applicant and 240Tutoring, Inc, 240Tutoring, Inc will own all publishing rights in and to the Application and the written response submission. Each Applicant hereby irrevocably scholarships, transfers, sells, assigns and conveys to the 240Tutoring, Inc, its successors and assigns, all present and future right, title and interest of every kind and nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, all copyrights, and all rights incidental, subsidiary, ancillary or allied thereto (including, without limitation, all derivative rights) in and to the Application and the written response submission(s) for exploitation throughout the universe, in perpetuity, by means of any and all media and devices whether now known or hereafter devised (the “Rights”). 240Tutoring, Inc shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter, the Application and written response submission(s) for any purpose which 240Tutoring, Inc deems necessary or desirable, and each Applicant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have in the Application and written response submission(s) submitted by him or her. Each Applicant hereby acknowledges that such Applicant does not reserve any rights in and to the Application and the written response submissions.
- Dispute Resolution- Except where prohibited, by participating, the Applicant agrees that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, or the rights and obligations of participants and 240Tutoring, Inc and their agents shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. The applicant agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to The Scholarship, or awarding of the prizes, shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Denton County in the state of Texas and Applicant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Scholarship Program, Applicant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with The Scholarship, or awarding of the The Scholarship, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in The Scholarship but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
- Representations and Warranties/Indemnification- Any applicant who enters The Scholarship Program represents and warrants to 240Tutoring, Inc as follows: (i) the Application, including the written response submission, is the Applicant’s own original, previously unpublished, and previously unproduced work; (ii) the written response submission is wholly original with Applicant and as of the date of submission, is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; (iii) the written response submission neither infringes upon nor violates the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; (iv) the written response submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and meets the Submission Requirements set forth above. Each Applicant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold 240Tutoring, Inc harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of Applicant hereunder.
- Further Documentation- Potential winners of The Scholarship will be required to complete and return documentation to validate the claim and financial liability of the prize. If the documentation is not completed and returned in the prescribed timeframe, outlined in the “Selection of Winner,” the claim to The Scholarship will be invalidated and the next potential winner will be contacted.
- No Obligation to Use- 240Tutoring, Inc shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any winning Application, or to otherwise exploit a winning Application or continue the development, production, distribution or exploitation thereof, and Sponsor may at any time abandon the use of the winning Application for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and The Scholarship shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.
- General Release and Limitations of Liability- By entering The Scholarship, each Applicant acknowledges and agrees that 240Tutoring, Inc., its related companies, affiliates, and each such company’s respective employees, officers, directors and agents are not responsible for any costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with: (i) incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive Applications due to any cause, including without limitation human, transmission, or technical problems, failures, or malfunctions of any kind, whether originating with sender, or otherwise, that may limit an Applicant’s ability to participate in The Scholarship; or (ii) any injury or damage resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Scholarship Program and/or the use of any prize, including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, or any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to or based on the Applicant’s rights of publicity or privacy, or the Applicant’s claim that he or she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light. 240Tutoring, Inc. assumes no responsibility for any damage to an Applicant’s computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Website or participating in The Scholarship, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. The Scholarship is subject to all U. S. federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Sponsor’s Right to Modify, Suspend, or Terminate- 240Tutoring has the right in its sole discretion to terminate, modify, or suspend The Scholarship without notice. 240Tutoring, Inc is not responsible for the effect(s) or affect(s) of any change, modification, suspension, or termination to an application or the applicant. Any winner publicly announced will be entitled to monies announced, if the winner(s) is eligible and meets the requirements outlined in the Terms and Conditions of The Scholarship.
- Generalist Provisions- 240Tutoring, Inc reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the application process or the operation of the Scholarship Program or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, to be submitting responses dishonestly or inaccurately, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. If an Application is confirmed by 240Tutoring, Inc to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, the entrant’s sole remedy shall be another Application, if time permits. 240Tutoring, Inc’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or of any other provision.
- List of Scholarship Prize Recipients- The announcement of The Scholarship winner will be posted on the 240Tutoring website thirty (30) days after the application deadline of the specified period.