Not sure what to study, or if you are going to pass? We can help!I'm a teacher candidate at a university/college I'd like to transition to teaching I'm a current / former teacher I'm in K-12 or EPP leadership
This week the TEA announced a HUGE change to the TExES exam.
On Friday June 22, TEA posted an announcement that they are switching testing providers from ETS to Pearson. This switch will happen September 1, 2018.
The full announcement reads:
Levels of Impact
The immediate impact for students and programs will be:
- A new website to register for the TExES
- Possible new registration procedures
- New reporting procedures
The long-term impact is much more difficult to foresee. But like adjustments include:
- As Pearson takes control of the test-item creation process, testing forms will likely change- whether marginally or substantially.
- Specifically, new test forms could emphasize different concepts. This means TExES preparation requirements are likely to change as Pearson exerts more influence over test forms.
What Comes Next
- Pearson will launch its new website on June 28, and should being answering questions regarding logistics about the transition.
- For TExES preparation, the 240 Tutoring team will be monitoring the situation very closely. Our new Director of Curriculum, Clairissa Simmons (former Director of Content at Macmillan Publishing), will be analyzing any changes to the test structure and adapting our 240 Tutoring TExES study guides to the address any changes.
To help monitor this change and any impact we find, we will publish updates on our website at:
We will be reaching out to Pearson to fully understand how this transition will affect students across the state. If you have any questions we can ask for you on your behalf, please let us know.
We look forward to being in touch!
240 Tutoring, Inc